Friday, October 5, 2007

Special Guests - The Harald's

We had another great evening honoring Nicholas' mom and dad, Mark and Dorinda Harald. It was a joy to get to know the Harald's a little better as well as giving Nicholas a chance to show honor to his parents. Sunday night we reviewed some additional ways that we can honor our parents. Some of the ideas the kids had included respecting, obeying, and listening to them.

We asked Nicholas what he does when he gets hurt. His answer was "my mom puts a band aid on it". We also asked him if he allows his mom and dad to hug him. He said that they give him a hug before going to bed at night. Mom's and Dad's love to show affection to their children and they do it in many little ways all throughout the day. Basically, Mom's and Dad's love to love.


Kids - let your mom and dad love you. It gives them joy and it gives them honor. Parents - let's take some time this week to encourage our children to let us show our love. Explain to them that it is honorable to allow your mom and dad to love you. Mom's and Dad's lets give our kids a few more hugs throughout the day and maybe just maybe try giving them a kiss on the cheek.


As I was writing this it made me think of our Father in heaven. Do I honor Him by letting Him love me? Have I put our faith in the fact that God really loves me? Do I cherish that love? I can imagine few greater hurts than to have one of my children reject my love. Have you hurt the Father by rejecting His love? Spend some time with Him this week. Allow Him to love you. You will honor Him if you do.

No comments: